I wanted to share about how you can get started with AL. If you have already started with AL and you have a different approach please feel free to share with us in comments.
In this post we will see about pre-requisite required for creating an AL project.
Getting system ready for AL
- Download Visual Studio Code from https://code.visualstudio.com/download and install it.
- Install NAV 2018 with Modern Development Environment.
- Mark ‘Enable Developer Service Endpoint’ and ‘Enable loading application symbol references at startup’ in NAV Server as shown below:
- Open Visual Studio Code. Select Extensions in Activity Bar in Visual Studio Code
- Click the ‘More’ option and choose ‘Install from VSIX’
- Choose AL Language extension from the product DVD as shown below and click Install
- You can see that AL Language has been installed in Visual Studio Code
Now we have the environment ready for creating our first AL project 😊